Last week I attended a Bloggers Meetup and we discussed websites, blogs, and social networks like Facebook and Twitter. Everyone was amazed that I don’t tweet, cuz I have enough to do, thank you very much. I do maintain several websites and blogs and I have a blast on several networking sites. There is a ginormous world out there and it is great when you can connect with some of it via the web. I am all about creating and being a part of communities, and the web is no different.

I believe everyone should have a website, especially if you plan to start or grow your own business. These days, building a website is easy and trĂ©s inexpensive. Back in the day when I began on the web, I built my first site using HTML. Today, I couldn’t even tell you what HTML stands for. Of course, I was younger and more adventurous. Now, all you have to do is register a domain, get a website builder and let ‘er rip!

A website is not only great for building an online business; it is great for just keeping in touch with distant relatives. I know several folks who have sites and blogs only for the family. I think that is a great idea. My family doesn’t even know what the web is! So, there goes that idea. But for the normal, twenty-first century families, it is a fantastic way to keep everyone in the loop with who’s dating who, who was born and when, who kicked off and of course, lots of photos.

I may be partial here, but blogs totally rock! What a great way to do content management. I can post when I choose and the page is always fresh and never stagnate. It can also be a legacy for future generations. Although, by the time the grandchildren grow up, websites and blogs will probably have a whole new feel. Remember the Jetsons?

By the way, I was made assistant organizer of the Bloggers Meetup. Go figure?


Coach Carolyn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright @ 2008-2010 All About Women | Women | Powered by Blogger Theme by Donkrax